GP Liaison Unit
Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) was established to assist GPs with access to hospital services and improve communication between Barwon Health and General Practice.
Located at University Hospital Geelong, the GPLU works closely with Western Victoria Primary Health Network to ensure all programs and activities meet the needs of GPs and ultimately enhance patient care.
Some of the programs include:
- Development and implementation of referral and management guidelines for GPs which assist in Outpatient demand management
- Creation of outpatient referral templates
- Assist GPs in accessing hospital services
- Facilitating communication between the hospital and GPs in the community
Service information 2018 *updated August 2018*
GP Link is a newsletter produced by GP Liaison Unit. This initiative is aimed at improving communication about changes and updates to specialist services within Barwon Health. It is sent to directly to GPs in the region and we welcome suggestions for future updates. Please see below for access to previous editions.
- GP Link September 2015 – Focus on Diabetes Referral Service
- GP Link August 2017 – Focus on Aboriginal Health and template update
The GPLU is staffed by:
Dr Jeff Urquhart - GP Liaison Consultant
Sandra Lowther - Program Manager
Phone: (03) 4215 8845
Fax: (03) 4215 0453
Mobile: 0403 580 489
Address: Level 2, Central Core, University Hospital Geelong
Last Modified: Tuesday, 04 December 2018