Formed in 1998, Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance. Health services available through Barwon Health cover the full spectrum from primary care, community services, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, emergency and acute care. With the exception of neurosurgery and transplantation, virtually all other specialties are available through University Hospital Geelong.
Care is provided to the community through:
- Community Health services at key locations throughout the region.
- Aged care through the McKellar Centre and its sites in North Geelong and Charlemont.
- Rehabilitation services both as an inpatient at the McKellar Centre and outpatient services at North Geelong and Belmont.
- A major teaching hospital and its associated services.
- With more than 7000 staff, we are one of Australia's largest regional employers and a major education provider through our relationships with Deakin University, Melbourne University, Monash University, the Gordon and a number of other educational centres and universities.
Barwon Health Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
- Barwon Health is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Everyone working at Barwon Health is responsible for the care and protection of children and reporting information about child abuse.
- We will ensure that our systems protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and respond to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- If any person believes a child is in immediate risk of abuse, call the Police on 000.
Barwon Health organisational structure
See an overview of Barwon Health's organisational structure.
Last Modified: Thursday, 22 July 2021