GP Liaison Unit
- About the GP Liaison Unit
- GPLU staff
- Requests for patient information
- Reference guides
- Message board archive
Barwon Health's GP Liaison Unit (GPLU) was established to assist GPs with access to hospital services and improve communication between Barwon Health and General Practice.
Located at University Hospital Geelong, the GPLU works closely with Western Victoria Primary Health Network to ensure all programs and activities meet the needs of GPs and ultimately enhance patient care.
Some of the programs include:
- Development and implementation of referral and management guidelines for GPs which assist in Outpatient demand management
- Creation of outpatient referral templates
- Assist GPs in accessing hospital services
- Facilitating communication between the hospital and GPs in the community
Dr Jeff Urquhart, GP Liaison Consultant
Sandra Lowther, GPLU Program Manager
Melinda Hughes, GPLU Co-ordinator
Please provide written request for specific information, with patient consent to either:
Fax: (03) 4215 1242
Ph: (03) 4215 1170
Last Modified: Friday, 19 June 2020
📣 💬 📋
19 June 2020
Here is the June Palliative Care newsletter - a really good read with some important information.
Also please read the information below for iron infusion bookings for Medical Day Unit for General Practitioners
- Phone hospital switchboard 4215 0000 for General Medical or Gastroenterology registrar
- Patients must be accepted by a Registrar or Consultant in order to book the patient into the MDSU
- Fax (03) 4215 2301 using MDSU template
- Patients weight: This is the most commonly missed piece of info and the GPs often don’t know the weight at the time of the phone call, but we need it in order to calculate the iron dose.
Please forward onto the General Practitioners for their reference and actioning.
View message board archives at the bottom of this page.
Ph: (03) 4215 8845
Fax: (03) 4215 0453
Level 2, central core, University Hospital Geelong